Just like everyone else, we’re keeping our eyes and ears glued for every update we can get about the ongoing COVID_19 Coronavirus epidemic that’s spreading around the world. As Europe fights to contain the spread and more cases are being reported in Africa, we’ve started to see African wedding vendors make bold statements and respond to the pandemic.
Here are a few wedding African wedding businesses that have launched new initiatives, announced store closures or switched to an appointment-only basis to do their bit to #FlattenTheCurve
1. Supporting the community: Haute Couture Bridal & Evening Wear fashion house, Esé Azénabor Atelier committed to providing and donating over 500 masks to DFW hospitals. We totally love this!
2. Educating audience: Some African wedding vendors have shared useful tips shared by trusted bodies and government organizations such as the WHO. For example, caterer Favour Catering & Events shared 7 steps to prevent the spread of the virus.
Wedding planner, Bisola Borha of TrendyBe Events shared this video encouraging people to engage in Social Distancing, use soap to wash their hands for 20 seconds and sanitize as many times as possible.
3. Offering thought leadership & safety measures for industry professionals: Wedding planner, Bisola Borha of TrendyBe Events shared 10 Coronavirus Safety measures for Event planners.
4. Moving online: A number of wedding vendors have moved some of their services online. Makeup artist, Joy Adenuga announced virtual teaching packages
Fabric supplier, George by Ruvero Designs announced that they are now only accepting online orders
5. Closure: A couple of stores have closed down stores and shops to maintain social distance and self-isolation guidelines. See some notices issued by vendors such as fashion house – House of Deola, wedding stationery company – R’ADE DPH, fashion brands – Imad Eduso, Toju Foyeh and a number of others.
6. Offering freebies to our heroes: Photographer, Adewunmi Adisa Studios is offering free photoshoots to NHS staff based in Manchester.