Since the outbreak of coronavirus, which is believed to have originated in China; we’ve seen couples and vendors take drastic steps to ensure weddings and events go smoothly.
This Instagram post shared by Bisola Borha of TrendyBE Events summarises 10 steps to help keep you and your wedding guests safe as you celebrate amidst the coronavirus outbreak. The Instagram post shared these 10 tips;
We also think it’s worth adding the following to the list;
11. Send out comms (an email, SMS) to all your guests to keep them updated. Your comms could be to;
- Simply reassure guests that the wedding will still go ahead as a number of guests will be wondering so you might as well let them know
- Share measures that you and your wedding vendors are putting in place to protect everyone
- Share any updates to the original schedule e.g. postponements, cancellations, etc.
12. Where possible, limit or fully eliminate the need for physical meetings, take advantage of digital meeting tools and productivity platforms
13. Planners should ensure the aisles and exits are kept clear at all times to allow people move around easily.
14. Maintain a maximum limit of people on the dance floor at any given time to avoid overcrowding. This will also help people maintain a healthy distance
15. Finally, keep a close eye on government guidelines. The situation is currently very fluid and decisions and guidelines are being issued daily that might affect your event. For example, gatherings of over 5 people have been banned in some countries so make sure you’re checking all the relevant websites and news outlets to stay informed.
Credits: JOP Studios | Bisola TrendyBE